Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Purple Scales

I used two coats of wet n wild's Buffy the Violet Slayer which is a classic purple that I never tire of. I decided to use a stencil for the first time that came with my Sally Hansen dotting tool along with two brushes - the stencil I used is shown below. I used wet n wild's Metallica for the stencil color on top of Buffy the Violet Slayer.
I used a make up sponge to dab on Metallica. Occasionally I didn't dab off enough polish, so I had too much polish on my sponge. It ended up seeping underneath the stencil, making the diamonds blurry. I had to do touch ups when I was done: filling in a few sliver diamonds to make them darker, repainting the purple in between the diamonds.

On my ring finger, I did a sliver to purple gradient with the same make up sponge. Clear coat!







Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment