Sunday, January 4, 2015

Peel Off Base

On Friday I finally made my own peel off base coat that I saw on Nailasauras's blog. I always hate rubbing at my nails to get my polish off, so when I saw this I was over the moon! 

I followed the same steps that Nailasauras listed: thoroughly clean a used bottle and brush of polish with acetone, rinse with water after all of the polish is flushed out, and then squeeze Elmer's glue into it. I added some water as well because the glue I used was thick from lack of use. 


All you have to do is apply a coat of this baby before the polish that you want. I applied the peel off base and a coat of NYC's Columbus Circle Crimson on Friday night without realizing that I had to work the next day. 

Here's a quick before shot before work..


... And this is what I came home with after 6 1/2 hours of cashiering.
Well.. I know it works!! My nail would hit against the register causing half of the polish to easily pop off of my nail. My fault!


I learned my lesson: only use the peel off base on glitters and when I have time to paint and design my nails in one day! Peeling the polish did not damage my nails at all; my ring finger does look bad, however that happened before this test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment