Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Regal

Pantone's color of the year is a color called Marsala, the name I have never heard of, but the color I know well. Marsala was described by the company was a, "a naturally robust and earthy wine red”, and it's just a freaking gorgeous color!! I used two coats of Wet n Wild's Haze of Love to begin with. Marsala is such a royal color that I decided to search for a plate engraving that inspired that look. 


I chose the middle pattern below that made me think immediately of a fleur-de-lis, so I had to use it. I used Sinful Colors' Gold Medal for the stamp transfers on the pointer and middle finger.

On my other nails, I used Gold Medal to frame out the nail bed using a striper brush which I haven't done with polish yet. 


Man, oh man.. how I really love this look!! I haven't been into darker tones of polish in the past, but I've found myself wearing black and richer tones the past few months. That's winter for ya! 




No comments:

Post a Comment