Sunday, February 9, 2014

Live Laugh Love

Valentine's Day is coming up on Friday, does anyone have any plans? I will be having a little rendez-vous  with my t.v and junk food.. A normal day really! I've been playing around with the idea of this mani for a week now and I couldn't wait to do it. I didn't want to do the traditional (and obvious) pink/red heart explosion and hearts. I wanted something subtle that could be reused at anytime of the year with different color combinations.

I painted on four coats of Sinful Colors' Purple Diamond which is a sheer light purple that is jam packed with shimmer. You have to do at least four coats, otherwise the white of your tips will show through. For the design, I mixed a drop of black paint into silver paint to make a gunmetal color. Silver would have been to light against the base and black.. Well I could have done it in black, but it felt to "dark" for a happy design. 


I really think this is the cutest design I've ever done. The thumb and pinky got tilted hearts while "live laugh love" were painted on the remaining nails in cursive. All of the words and hearts connect in a continuous line from the first heart to the last. "Live Laugh Love" is a popular saying, but I wanted to use them in a Valentine's mani that doesn't have to do with having a special person in your life. You can do all three without having a boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband, etc. So on this year's day of love, think of it in a different perspective.. 



LIVE:
Live your life to the fullest. You will have a dull day here and there, and that is okay. The boring days make you appreciate the highlights of your life even more. But you can make sure to brighten up each day with the simple things. Do the things you love at least once a week. Make time for it!! Whether it's working out, reading, or getting together with friends, make sure you actually do the things you enjoy. I make time to do my nails at least once a week because it relaxes me and brings a smile to my face every time I look at them. 



LAUGH:
Smile, smile, smile! Laughing, smiling, and being generally happy will drastically change your day for the better. Some days you won't be in the mood to laugh - I know all about being in a bad mood - but those sour moods will pass. It's scientifically proven that laughter can lead to beneficial health benefits from lowering anxiety and stress, boosting the immune system, helping circulation, and just putting you in a better mood. Hopefully every one of you has felt the satisfaction of laughing until your tummies hurt after a day with your best friends. AND laugh loud, hard, and long when you are feeling it; I have a loud laugh that I am not embarrassed of. Embrace your laugh and smile!


LOVE:
Spread the love, folks! When it comes to Valentine's, people think of loving your significant other, but that certainly does not apply to single people. On this Valentine's, take time to show your love for your family members and friends that you care for with a tight hug, or simple words of gratitude. And for the loners this year, and anyone, you can think of this day as day to love yourself. Loving yourself is the foundation. Love will radiate throughout all of the other relationships in your life. Start with yourself: treat your body right, praise yourself for the amazing things you have accomplished, and just love every inch of yourself, inside and out. Don't get egocentric about it, but know and feel that you are worth it, ladies!

Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment