Friday, February 7, 2014

Seattle for the win

I'm past the whole Super bowl game at this point almost a week after the game, but I had to post the nails I did for the Seahawks. I wanted the Broncos for the win, but I felt like I had to represent both teams on my sister's nails: Broncos on the right and Seahawks on her left hand.

Started off with two coats of Sinful Colors' Snow Me White - I could have done another coat, but I didn't need one with the design I had in mind. Next, I grabbed NYC's Sidewalkers and a makeup sponge and got to work on a gradient look that The Nailasaurus explains wonderfully. I dabbed on some polish onto the sponge and then dabbed it onto the tip of each nail (except the middle finger). I don't do it exactly like she does, I just dab on the second color instead of mixing the two colors together. I made several applications to the tips so it would be darker, lessening in applications as I went up the nail. If you ever go too far up with the second color, you can always dab on the base color to fix it up and blend the colors together better.

On the middle finger I painted on the Seahawks logo with Sinful Colors' Midnight Blue for the bottom left corner. Sinful Colors' Cold Leather for the blue section on the top and the outline, and Wet n Wild, Wild Shine's Nerd Alert for the bright green eye. On the gradient fingers, I re-did the design from this video, but with the Nerd Alert green and Cold Leather. The green branches turned out too thick (I think it was the brush I used). For the blue I used the striper brush which helped a bit, but I just need some extra practice to make it better! And the top coat was the last thing to seal it up.



 The blue on the thumb turned out to be the best overall I think.


Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment