Saturday, June 7, 2014

Maleficent

Hello all! Today's mani was inspired by the magnificent film Maleficent. I watched it last week and it's a must see. My sister is a super fan of Sleeping Beauty, and she even loved it. 

 The Forest/Wall of Thorns are in both the old version and new adaption, so I chose to depict them. I wasn't sure how to go about creating them - animated thorns or realistic - luckily I saw this picture on Facebook that really grabbed my attention. 


I used two coats of Sinful Color's Black on Black to begin with. Next, I painted a large, white circle using a small brush and Sally Hansen's Hard to Get that covered most of the nail. I kept applying polish until the circle was solid, no specific number of coats. 

Once the white dried completely, I used the same brush to apply two to three of a bright, lime green neon. The nail polish bottle doesn't have a name on it besides Color Zone. I only know that I bought a three pack of orange, pink, and green neon polish for under $4. 



Once the green dried, I used black acrylic paint to make the curling thorns from the picture above. I love, love, love these nails. I could not stop looking at them, the way the black paint seamlessly blended into the the polish left me in awe.


Sun glare. Opps



I am definitely going to try these out again with other combinations of colors!

Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment