Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Rose Frame

Two designs in one week, I'm on a roll! I'll be coming up with a third design, hopefully. 

This mani was inspired by Robin Moses' "Rose Corset" (her YouTube video link). She created such an adorable design that I immediately fell in love with. 

On the middle and ring fingers, I used two coats of Sinful Colors' Anchors Away - probably one of my favorite orange polishes that I own. It's so light and summery! The rest of the nails got two coats of Sinful Colors' Why Not

With the base colors dry, I went in with acrylic paint to create light pink roses with darker pink "petals", and light purple roses with dark purple "petals". 

The little leaves were placed randomly on the roses. I used one coat of NYC's Matte Me Crazy before adding the opposite color sides. I free-handed the sides with a striper brush like Robin does, but I took so much more time and care since I'm not as confident as she is!

 I didn't add the corset because I loved the matte rose look, and I didn't want to totally copy the original. No top coat on this one, gang. 


Left hand with "bracket" leaves
Right hand with full leaves



I'm obsessed. 

Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment