Saturday, August 2, 2014

Tye Dye

Hey all; I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer vacation!

I did this design over a course of several days, although I could have easily done it in one. I've been procrastinating with painting my beloved nails sadly.

On all of the nails I started off with two coats of Sinful Colors' Snow Me White as a solid base coat since I chose a variety of bright / neon polishes. For my middle and ring fingers, I painted on Wet Wild Wild Shine's Nerd Alert: Screech (a fun bright neon green) and Fashionista Lisa  (another fun neon purplish pink) in alternating stripes with a little bursh. I used Nerd Alert: Screech and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails' Mellow Yellow in stripes on my thumb, pinky, and index fingers.


(Experimented with colors on my index finger, but later changed it to match my thumb and pinky)
 I let those fully dry overnight before painting on two layers of Wet n Wild megalast's Tropicalia over the purple and green striped nails while my thumb, pinky, and index fingers got two coats of Wet n Wild Wild Shine's Chick Magnet Zach.


Once those coats dried, I went in with Q-Tips dipped in nail polish remover to rub off random spots of the pink and blue polish to reveal the striped polishes below. The results can be seen below.



  
I cannot get enough of this mani! The tye dye effect is all consuming; if I sneak a peek at them, I can't tear my eyes away from them! I will say, I like the yellow, green, and teal nails more then the pink covered nails. They are oh so groovy.

(Sun shot)
Peace out,
Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment