Friday, August 29, 2014

Camouflage

The first week of my second year of college has been completed, woohoo! Sixteen more weeks to go.

I picked out this camouflage mani out of a nail design book that my best friend Megan gifted me last Christmas. The book is called, Nails, Nails, Nails! by Madeline Poole. It contains twenty-five nail designs along with step-by-step guides and pictures to go with. I used two coats of Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Stonewall - a creamy, warm beige color - to start it off.

I went in with different shades of army green acrylic paint. The booked said to make "tree trunk" shapes and paint on the other colors blobbing off of the initial color. 
Cloudy day, sorry for the poor quality.
My version compared to the nail book.
All of the right hand pictures have a coat of matte and were taken under a bright light indoors; left side just has a clear coat and was taken outside. 

 I love how matte looks on this camouflage design, it completes the look!




Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment