Sunday, October 5, 2014

Feathers

Oh no, two weeks without a post! I thought I was busy before, but I've picked up a second job at my old junior high school, so I have zero free days now. 

For today's mani on my lovely sister's nails, I used two coats of Sinful Colors Beau Khaki - a perfect army green for the fall. I decided to use feathers for the very first time after using my foils on the last design. 
The feathers I used were obtained in a.. strange manner. A few years ago, I saw a little ball of crow feathers at the bottom of one of my trees. I decided to pick them up and keep them to use for nail art. A bit morbid, but they were free and real versus the colorful, artificial ones at Micheal's. 

Before placing each feather, I cut off the fluffy after-feathers along with the hollow tip of the feather. I then applied a layer of clear polish, let it sit for thirty to forty seconds, and then carefully placed the feather down using tweezers. When I got it in the correct place, I used a small paint brush to lightly brush the feather down. If there were any bits that weren't sticking, I dipped the brush in clear polish and brushed it over that specific spot. 

Once the coat dried, I applied a final top coat on top to keep the feather safe. Repeat with the other nails and you're set!




Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment