Friday, February 13, 2015

Fahrenheit 451

 This nail design is a recreation of Glitterfingersss "burned paper nails" that can be seen with a step by step picture tutorial here. I didn't take pictures as I was doing mine, but it's the same process as her.

I had my sister put on Wet n Wild's 2% Milk, but after four coats with zero opaqueness, I had to crack out the paint. I covered each nail with two coats of off white acrylic paint that I watered down with a few drops of water. 

I mixed yellow and a bit of brown into the extra off white and watered it down until it was basically tinted yellow water. I dabbed off the excess water and lightly brushed the faded yellow onto each nail in random places to make the paper look aged.

Once the paint dried, I put a top coat on; after that it was time for the newspaper transfer. I used black paint to define the spots I wanted to be "burnt". I then dabbed on black paint with a make up sponge inside and around the lines I drew. With the black dried, I mixed brown into black paint as the tutorial says. I touched the sponge to my own hand a few times before applying the brown to the edges of the black so the brown would be subtle. 

Top coat on top. Thank the Lord for this design from Lexa because these nails are incredibly realistic and gorgeous!

The background is Bram Stroker's Dracula which is such a captivating classic. 


Top coat



Matte


Matte




Top coat

Matte

No comments:

Post a Comment