Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Glitter Frame

I wanted to do an easy, yet flashy and fun mani this week. You know what that means, right? Glitter!

I used three coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails' Dura-pearl - I really should have used a minimum of four coats. With pearl polishes (or any other sheer polish), you have to apply a lot more coats compared to regular polishes to properly cover your nails without your nail showing through.

While the polish was drying, I went into my glitter collection and picked out a pretty aqua to pop against the pale pearl. (Yes. My glitter collection. I have a bag full of glitters just for my nails. I am not ashamed). I get my glitter from Micheal's; I believe the tube pictured below was less than a $2, and it will certainly last me years.


Okay, my process.. I picked it up from thenailasaurus.com a long time ago, but I will recreate it for you all on my blog at a later point. It may seem intimidating, but once you've done it once correctly, you've got it down forever. Trust me, I did the glitter application with both hands. AND I'm right handed!  

The corner of my left thumb nail broke, again, so I was forced into doing my right hand. I never do nail art on my right hand since it's the hand doing all the heavy lifting. Because of the incompetence of my left hand, I only wanted to frame out my nails - a simple feat to accomplish. Once I laid out the glitter pieces, I sealed it up with a top coat.








Pretty good for my left hand, right!?

-Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment