Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tribute

This week's mani was inspired by the John Newman concert that I went to on Saturday night. He's a retro-soul singer that is popular in the UK and around Europe, but he's made his mark on American listeners with his song Love Me Again.

I painted my nails with two coats of Wet n Wild megalast's Deadly Dose before the concert - another gold polish; I've been using golds more frequently than I usually do. After the concert I found a musical note stamp on the m22 plate that I put onto my middle finger with Sinful Color's Black on Black. The black faded a bit once I put on a top coat unfortunately.

I finished the mani off with a dosage of John Newman influence the next afternoon. I Googled his album Tribute and found this zoomed in picture of his album cover:


I saw it and thought, " Oh yeah, I can work with this!"  I mixed a little black paint with red to make the maroon diamonds. I put enough layers to cover up the splotches, possibly four. With that dried, I grabbed that homemade striper brush of mine and white paint. I outlined the diamonds and then painted in a larger white diamond around that. I wanted space on my nails,so I only did that once instead of copying the album cover exactly. I connected the white diamond outlines with a quick line to create the effect that it continues on past the nail itself. 



A top coat to seal the paint in and voila!

-Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment