Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

Happy 2014, everyone!! I'm a few days late, but better late than never, right? I've had a rough start to the year with a nasty cold, so I haven't had the drive to post anything. But, I hope you all celebrated the arrival of the new year in style with your loved ones (whether that be in your home, or out on the town). May this new year be filled with happiness, health, and love for you all!

On New Year's Eve, I painted one coat of Sinful Color's Black on Black onto my nails. I only did one coat because I really do not like black on my nails, so one coat makes it easier to take off. Next, I looked up number fonts and came up with one called Tribal Numbers by ekoed; the numbers looked funky, yet easy to translate onto my nails. I painted "2014" onto my pointer, middle, and ring finger in the font. I had my sister do the "4" because it was giving me some trouble.


Displaying 2014(3).jpg

That left me with a blank thumb nail AND the perfect opportunity to crack out my newly acquired nail stamps! My wonderful sister gifted me Salon Design's Nail Art Stamping Kit which comes with 100 plates, a scraper, and a stamper. I can't tell you all how excited I was. I honestly teared up a bit. 

Displaying 5.jpg


Displaying 2014(6).jpg

When I was looking through the plates, I found the perfect thing for New Year's Eve.. A champagne glass with bubbles! It took me a good dozen tries (and some frustration) to get a decent image transfer onto my thumb. It was weird, I tried it with a Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Silver to no avail. The stamper would only pick up bits of the design - my best try resulted in half of the glass which was unacceptable. I ended up grabbing a cheap bottle of Wet N Wild Shine's Metallica to practice more before using better polish. Low and behold, on the very first try I got practically the whole image transferred onto the stamper. Go figures! 



Displaying 2014(5).jpg

I had to paint in a few missing bubbles and a star that didn't make it onto the stamper. Those add-ins are the darker silver bits as opposed to the lighter silver. I didn't want to go over anything in case I messed it up, so I left it as is. For a first time nail stamper, I think it turned out well! 

Displaying 20140101_031852.jpg

Displaying 2014.jpg

There's the finished product with NYC's top coat on top. I'll need to get some more practice in with nail stamping - challenge accepted!

-Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment