Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Black and Gold

A quick pre-New Year's Eve posting! The base of this mani is two coats of Sally Hansen's Golden.  I couldn't do anything too time consuming since I did these during finals week this semester. But I did want to do some nail art. Simple solution. Lines! I went in with black paint and my home made nail striper (shown below)  to add them to all of my fingers. 




There are legitimate nails stripers for sale online and in beauty stores, but I could care less about expensive nail tools. I got my butt to my local Michael's and bought a long bristled paint brush for maybe three bucks instead. The brush was a little too thick, so I cut off a few hairs with a pair of scissors. You can make it as thin as you want depending on the kinds of nail art you're doing. If you're creating mini portraits on your nails, cut it down to a few strands. It's all up to you!





On my thumb, pointer, and pinky fingers, I made a vertical line slightly off center to the left - according to my pictures. I then painted in diagonal lines coming from the  vertical line that swooped to the left. On the ring and middle finger, I painted the tips black and a line parallel to that about a third way up my nail. I was left with a border that I filled in with five lines perpendicular to the horizontal lines. Two of the lines are hidden because they're painted along the edge of my nails. I finished with a top coat and I was off to my studies.

P.S: Black and Gold is also a fantastic song by Sam Sparro by the way. Give it a listen!! I can't help but sing that song in my head whenever I use gold on my nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment