Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Flower Silhouette

Spring is here in Minnesota!! The snow is gone (besides the piles of dirt-snow), the sun is setting at 8 p.m, and the temps have been 50 and above for a week now. Tomorrow will be 70 degrees; summer weather for a day, woah! 

To kick of the warmer temps, I painted my nails with two coats of Sinful Color's Song of Summer; a springy, light green that is a shade darker than pastel green. I knew I wanted flowers for this mani, but I didn't have any flower inspiration. Five months of winter = what are flowers?! I looked at a design on dressupnails.com that I've had saved for quite a while and basically copied her design - tried to. First I took black paint and painted the flowers/foliage on each nail, tweaking it to fit onto my shorter nails. After that you take white paint and add outlines of the black images on top of it, creating a silhouette effect. Top coat to seal everything in!


 Looking at the original compared to my attempt, I'm disappointed with the result. But I still really like it and the concept. Kudos to the person who did it first!


Blah.. My least favorite nail for my mani.. The thumb. I have never been able to draw/paint/color flowers like these. I start off strong, but by the least petal, it becomes wider, shorter, and uneven. I definitely rushed through this one!


Oh! I was able to take the pictures for this design outside with natural lighting instead of my high watt desk lamp. I think it looks 100 times better, and it took me three minutes tops. What do you think of the pictures and my version of the design?

Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment