Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spring Plaid

Spring time is here in Minnesota! This week has been very rainy - nonstop rainfall and winds - but that's all apart of the season, so I'm not one to complain. At least it's not snow!! This weekend I transferred a plant into the pot pictured below which is my inspiration for this week's nail art. 

I started off with three coats of Sinful Color's Pull Over. I thought this polish would be more opaque since it's a golden yellow, but it was on the thin side. I could have applied another coat, but I feel like I'm wasting polish if I apply more than three. I took the purple and green stripes from the pot and mixed together shades of my own - the green is barely visible, but it's there. I opted out of the full plaid and instead fewer lines to make it looks less crowded by using my stripped brush. Top coat to finish it off.



It was raining outside so I took the photos inside by my glass deck door, attempting to have natural light hit my nails. The sun wasn't showing itself, so sorry for the dull shots! 

Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment