Monday, May 26, 2014

Neon

Busy and super fun weekend, so I didn't have much time to put together a design. I picked out Wet N Wild's Nerd Alert: Screech, a bright neon green that is relatively new. This sub-brand of Wet N Wild rarely comes out with new polishes, but last summer I spotted a neon collection at K-Mart that I snatched up. They've also released a protective base coat and matte polish a few weeks ago that I need to try out. Plus, all of the polishes of this brand are $0.99 in the US. 


Since Nerd Alert is a neon, I first did two coats of NYC's French White Tip. Using white polish under neon polish will make the color pop. The neon solution is extremely thin and dull; without the white base, it wouldn't become an opaque neon. Plus, you almost always need a top coat of make it shine.  


I have two coats of Nerd Alert on top of the white polish. I had a tennis theme planned in my head, but this green was way too pretty and modern. I watered down silver paint for the lines and open circles. They turned out thicker than I was aiming for; I liked the result, but I could have down more with a thinner brush. 

What do you all think?



Tamz




No comments:

Post a Comment