Saturday, December 21, 2013

Bow time

Since there are only four more days until Christmas (where did December go?!), I thought I would post a Christmas themed design that I did last year around this time. Since it's from last year, the dets may be skewed, but that's not a biggy.

 As you can tell from the title of tonight's post, the theme is bows. I got the idea from Googling "Christmas nail designs". I thought I'd give it a go since it was beyond cute. I apologize for not knowing the exact site; just know that it was not my own creation! So, bows. Specifically the old school ribbons that were tied into bows, like this one:



I demand that these bows come back into use! They are so charming and romantic compared to the peel-off-the-paper-and-stick-on bows that are used every single year. I suppose it's easier with time constraints, accessibility, etc.

ANYWHO!

I started off with three coats of Sinful Color's San Francisco which is a gorgeous dark green polish that is subtly glittery. With three coats, the polish gets very dark and rich, so the shimmer doesn't pop out unless your nails are under lights. Once the coats completely dried, I went in with some off-white acrylic paint to create the ribbon crossroads on my pointer, middle, and pinky nails. I painted in the vertical ribbon on my thumb and ring fingers, plus the bow on top. Once the paint dried, I applied an outline of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear named Golden to the ribbons and bows that I painted. I also went in and added golden "creases" to the bows.

Side note: I love this polish (in fact, I'm wearing it at this very moment). I own a few gold polishes, but I do believe that this one is my favorite because of the constant chrome-like shine. Once everything dried, I finished it off some cheap top coat - Wet n Wild's fastdry - so the paint wouldn't wash off. Contradictory to the top coat's name, it did not "dry fast".





While the design isn't my own, the pictures are!!




And there you have it, folks! Seriously, this design was a fun and easy way to get into the Christmas spirit. Try it out yourselves!

-Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment