Monday, December 23, 2013

Classy Christmas

Quick post before finishing up last minute Christmas prep!

Again, this is another mani from last year, BUT there's one minor change. If anyone is paying close attention to the pictures I've posted, you can see that my left palm has a black dot on it. This left palm does not, but it looks very similar, right? Well, that's because I do my twin sister's nails as well as my own! Thus, this is her hand with my work on it.

This robin's egg blue is possibly Sinful Color's Be Happy (it's been too long to remember, and if you're familiar with Sinful Color's, you'll know that they have a wide variety of blueish greens that are almost indistinguishable). I wanted to keep it simple, so I sprinkled the tips with silver glitter on all of my nails except the ring finger. I used silver paint to make a squiggle tree on my ring finger. 


How to apply loose glitter to your nails:
1. Apply top coat to the target area. For this design, I only painted the bottom half of my nail.
2. Take a small paint brush and dip it into the loose glitter (with fine glitter I tend to scoop it out). The wet top coat  will "grab" onto the glitter.
3. Touch the glittered paint brush to the top coat areas. I only wanted a light dusting of glitter, but you can always create a gradient effect with glitter.
4. Once the top coat dries, apply another layer to seal the glitter in.




Christmas' in my homestead means decking the entire house out in seasonal decor, so I wanted to keep it simple and classy. Most of the designs I see are extremely intricate, but sometimes less is more. Even for nail art!

-Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment