Saturday, December 28, 2013

Ho ho ho

Late Merry Christmas everyone!! I truly wish you all had a family filled day that will forever be remembered! I've been constantly busy this last week like most everyone during this time of the year. I haven't had time to take care of any personal matter (i.e my blog), and I didn't sit down to finish this mani till last night at midnight. This design is of my own creation, finally!

The base is two coats of Sinful Color's Envy. I didn't realize, but I only put one coat on my thumb... Oops!

I bought this really neat glitter polish a month or so ago from one of the latest Sinful Color's winter collections. Cold as Ice doesn't contain the traditional specks of glitter; instead they're mini stripes of white. I hadn't tried it out since buying it, but this was the perfect time to whip it out.

I assumed I wouldn't need multiple coats since the bottle seems to be jam packed with glitter. I assumed wrong. I laid down two coats of Cold as Ice, but my nails were still looking bare with most of the base coat showing.






 (Doesn't it look like there's a snow storm raging inside of there?!)



I didn't want to keep pilling on coat after coat, so I looked to my Christmas tree to pick out silver along with the white. I painted my whole nail with NYC Grand Central Station (I don't know why they had to name a top coat, but oh well) because I wanted my whole nail covered with silver glitter. I took a small paint brush, scoped up some glitter, and then lightly tapped on the handle of the brush above the wet nail. By tapping on the brush, the glitter falls onto the entire nail as opposed to touching the brush to a specific area. I sealed the glitter in with the same top coat.

I left my nails like that for a few days until I found some relaxing time last night. I grabbed some red paint and a long, thin brush to add "ho ho" in lower case letters on my middle finger, "Ho" to my ring finger, and a red bow with silver trimmings to my thumb. Because I used paint on those three fingers, I reapplied top coat.





 There you have it! With time constraints, I didn't want to do anything too wild and extravagant.

TIPS: 
-Adding glitz and glitter is an easy way to jazz up any mani. 
-Creating accent nails (like my thumb, middle, and ring finger) sets up the illusion that you spent more time on your nails than you actually did.

-Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment